Make Gluten-Free, Worry-Free!
Celiac Disease and Gluten Sensitivity
Celiac Disease is an autoimmune disorder whereby the body attacks the villi in the small intestines when gluten (a protein) is eaten causing malabsorption of vital nutrients. Given the staggering statistics of the occurrence of Celiac Disease and gluten sensitivities that have developed, due to the agricultural changes in producing wheat, it is imperative that those providing services to afflicted persons provide food that is safe and free from cross contamination.
JCB Consulting Services can get your business Gluten- Free, Worry-Free by developing gluten-free menus, training staff to avoid cross contamination and implementing policies and procedures.
Why consider Gluten-Free?
- According to the Wall Street Journal (March 15, 2011) – The estimated sale of gluten-free foods for 2010 was $2.6 billion demonstrating the huge market share.
- Since gluten is found in wheat, rye and barley these grains must be avoided. There are countless other products that contain gluten as a hidden ingredient.
- There are NO pharmaceutical cures for celiac disease. Source: www.ncfa.org
- Offering gluten-free options is a win – win for businesses and JCB can help you do it right.
- The growing need for food service providers to offer gluten-free options is necessary given the fact that 1:133 Americans have Celiac Disease.
- 1 in 20 Americans have some form of gluten sensitivity also known as gluten intolerance.
- People with Celiac Disease dine out 80% less than they used to before diagnosis and believe less than 10% of eating establishments have a 'very good' or 'good' understanding of GF diets. JCB can increase the confidence level of customers by overseeing your gluten-free program.